Saturday, August 2, 2008

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm.....

I'm mad at myself.  Every day for the past ten days or so, when visiting Starbucks, there has been a sign posted on the community bulletin board.  I went back yesterday expecting to take a picture of it for today's post and wouldn't you know... it was GONE!  

The picture was of a pet sloth and said something like" 

"Lost sloth"
Ran away on... (then gave date)
Picture of sloth
Tortilla chips can be used to lure him back
If found please contact (name was inserted)
at (phone number)

I got to thinking days later (yes... it took days for this to occur to me)... HOW does a sloth move fast enough to run away?  Things that make you go hmmmmm....

When Katie (a fellow reader) and I were on our ice cream road trip a few weeks ago we also saw a few things we thought were curious.  See for yourself...
Now I know I'm a city girl, but "Clean Dirt 
Wanted"... What does that mean?  Isn't that an oxymoron?

Or what about this? ...
Not the greatest picture, so let me help.
It is three race cars parked in the middle of a lake, with not a person to be found anywhere around.

Have you seen anything lately that makes you go "hmmmmmmm...?"  If so, share it with the rest of the group.  If not... keep your eyes open this weekend and let us know if you see something.

Signing off until tomorrow...

4 comments:

Nicole Zirnheld Aldridge said...

There is a sign between Louisville and Bowling Green (where I went to college) and I would laugh every time I passed it. I always wanted to take a picture of it but never did. Maybe I will tomorrow when we leave for Florida.

Here is what it says:

"USED COWS FOR SALE"

maureen said...

I remember somewhere in PA seeing a sign in a restaurant that said "guide dog area for blind" I remember Michael was only 9 and said " mom dogs cant read so why did they put that there?" We laughed about it over dinner. We asked the waitress if it was a joke and she took it offensively.... Oh well common sense can't be bought in school.... It would hate to meet the person that thought the sign had a purpose....

maureen said...

Claudia just an update that today marks day 2 of scrapbook journaling and so far I have it all under control. I just need to get a new memory card for my camera just for this so I keep things straight.....

Julie said...

There's a jail that can be seen from the highway between Buffalo, NY and Erie, PA. On the thruway there's a sign that reads:

"Correctional Facility Ahead. Do Not Pick Up Hitchhikers"

It makes me laugh every time I see it!