Saturday, August 23, 2008

Medal Ceremonies

Wierdest thing.  The first time I tried to post this morning's blog, my menu indicated a blog was already posted for today.  Impossible, I say.  I've been sound asleep.  Not a single ray of light shinning anywhere in my house.  It's a good thing the Olympics are coming to an end.  This sleep deprivation is beginning to take its toll!

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*
YOU MADE IT!

We started the decathlon with 21 decathletes.  
Two weeks and ten events later, we finished with 9 creative, competitive, and tenacious participants.

Create - a - Caption
ChampionCHIP Bake-off
Lunch With Yin and Yang
Feng Shui This
Boggles The Mind
Name That Tune
The Incredible Edible Discus
Bullseye
A Big Haiku To You
Record Time

Join me in congratulating the decathletes on their success and in thanking them for letting us watch their friendly competition.  It was truly fun. 

Special Congratulations
to our ...
Highlowaha
DECATHLETE OF THE YEAR
Cheryl
Gold Medal Winner - 38.9 points

Cassie
Silver Medal Winner - 47.4

Peggy
Bronze Medal Winner - 52.6

Medal winners, your packages will either be delivered or mailed this weekend

Congratulations, Treye who won our Haiku competition.  
(Your patch is on the way)

OVERALL DECATHLETE STANDINGS
Heather 53.3
Kat 55.5
Tera 59.6
Julie 62.1
AZLori 62.6
Brian 77.9

And, a heartfelt congratulations to the other decathlon winner, Bryan Clay, an AMERICAN who won by the biggest margin since the 1972 Munich Games (and is only the second American to win since 1976).  Cheryl, you are in good company!

Resting up and signing off until Monday...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all!!!
Even though I lost the bronze in the final moments we all deserve a pat on the back for having the endurance to stick it out...this was a tough one.

I'll enjoy some time "off" from competing every night.
Needless to stay hopping up every hour on the hour until midnight has me tired but little Lily doesn't sleep in and thus neither do I.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

CONTRATUALTIONS medal winners. I truly enjoyed watching you compete. It was fun seeing how competitive and created you all were. I think you are all winners!!!! Hmmm even the fans that watched.

Hugs and kisses to all.
Toni

Anonymous said...

few typos...oh well. I would tell you my "racing mind" story. But some of the Beeny's aren't buying it. But its true. toni

maureen said...

Toni, I believe your story... You put up with such a tough group.. Just stay away from purple boots.. I got burned on that one!!

Have a great weekend:)

maureen said...

Heather competing with a small child you deserve the "PLATINUM" (if they had one)!

Cheryl Houston said...

That. Was. Fun.

:)

Thank you Claudia for organizing such a great event. Thank your judges for taking time out of their busy schedules to help you out.

My jeans are going to be so CUTE!

Kat said...

Good job everyone!!! That was really fun!

Anonymous said...

YAY good job all! Heather, you almost made it! you are amazing to stick with it with lily and the new job. but im not surprised of course... and thanks for the voicemail yesterday; it made me smile. BUT next time, we actually need to talk to eachother! we have some catching up to do!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all!
It's been fun playing with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, everyone! This was a blast... and like I said, I'll be back. Can't wait 'til next time!

azlori said...

I didn't medal but I got something even better....today I got my revealing gift from my awesome shell...Heidi. It is a fabulous necklace and matching earrings! I LOVE them! Thank you sooo much! The pictures on the blog do not do her bead creations justice! Thanks again Heidi!

Anonymous said...

kat,
thank you for the hot bags of hot dchocolate and for the DQ card. I just came hgome from Lancaster, PA and we just opened the mail. My husband is on vacation so we will probably do some more road trips before he has to go back to work and we will find a DQ to go to. My son is already on the hunt for one. He says thank you also. DQ is his favorite. Thanks again. Have a nice weekend.