Saturday, September 20, 2008

A World of Thanks

Thank your for making...

...a big success and a lot of fun!

Is 't 2:00 already?  Boy how time flies. I be so worn ou' after last night`s festivities, I couldna pull myself ou' o' bunk at th' same early hour.

Then 't be off t' a swim meet fer Ricky an' in jus' a wee bit... a birthday party wi' Matthew. Confirmation that if I dasn't get Highlowaha written in th' mornin', 't might nay happen.

Today will wrap up Talk Like a Sea dog Tide ... (or in our case week) an' look fore t' next high tide'...World Gratitude Tide.

Below be a wee fun pictures o' th' fun an' festivities at our house, compliments o' me neighbor Nan. Feel free t' send any pics ye might be havin' an' I`ll pass them along.


I will report total earnings on Monday after the treasure is counted.  Arrrrr!!!!

Now a quick and abrupt transition from Bingo to Blessings.  Tomorrow is World Gratitude Day.  What are you grateful for?

Me...  I am grateful for lots of things...
  • I am grateful there was no mutiny on board last night.
  • I am grateful for my supportive husband.
  • I am grateful for healthy kids.
  • I am grateful for friendships that are nothing short of treasures to me.
  • I am grateful for my parents
  • I am grateful for my health.
  • I am grateful for the many memorable experiences I have had in my life.  Things like sailing around the world, earning degrees, and living in beautiful places around the country. 
I could go on... and I will.  I just won't subject all of you to my gratitude list.  I'd love to hear from all of you.

Signing off until Monday...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great topic to blog about!

I'm grateful for so many things. Gratitude for me is about being clear and living in simplicity so then it's easy to recognize.

I'm grateful for:
my life
my health
my family
my friends
my dog Harpo
the changing colors of fall
the crispness in the air
my home
HLA and the connections and friendships made here!

Mike K. said...

We had a great time playing bingo last night!
I'm thankful for having great friends in TX so I don't miss home so much!
I'm thankful to be able to enjoy each day with the kiddos
I'm thankful that we don't have cable anymore so I get breaks from football in the fall:)

Mike K. said...

obviously, that was Erica and not Mike:)

Katie said...

I'm grateful for:
A supportive family
Friends who never leave my side even when we're not physically together
The ability to get an education
The opportunity to get a second degree
The sun that rises and sets every day
Having a roof over my head
Knowing what love feels like

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for:
My loving husband
My 2 healthy boys
The love the surrounds me
My friends
My home
The change in weather (love the fall)

maureen said...

Im grateful for....
God giving me free will and intellect
My husband Chris
My 3 happy, healthy and funny kids
Not being in debt like most of America
waking up each day
being 42 and feeling like Im 18 still:)
Having everything I need and most of what I want
Being able to afford LI taxes and complain about them
Most of all I am thankful that my kids have learnt to love and tolerate unconditionally.......

Julie said...

I know it's late on Sunday night but ...

Hi HLA friends!

Things I’m grateful for:
~ Getting to spend this fall in the mountains so I can watch the leaves change
~ My family … all of them!
~ My friends … old and new!
~ My ability to get 2 college degrees
~ My camera
~ Having positive influences in my life
~ Finally getting my feet on a solid financial ground
~ The consistency, community, and support of HLA
~ Creating my bucket list and sharing it
~ The US postal service
~ Allergy medicine

azlori said...

I'm thankful for a Cowboys win! (among many other things...That's just my High for now!

azlori said...

Maureen,
Check the last post on Capn Purple boots and let me know what you think!