Saturday, September 6, 2008

See You at 2:18

I'll be quick.  

I tried to post last night and our connection was slow... at best.  I posted the winner of the fabulous book, Hello Cupcake and I don't think my post every actually went through.  So, at the expense of repeating myself...  Congratulations, Julie from PA!  I have a feeling your good friend Tera will be asking to borrow it.

Cheryl and I made it.  Other than our delayed flight our trip to Philly was thankfully uneventful.  We arrived here a little after midnight, unpacked the scores of treats we lugged across the country (covered in Aveeno Foam Cleanser that exploded somewhere mid-flight) and hit the sack.  We were tired.

We have lots of creative preparation to do in the next couple of hours, but not before we said, "hello" to you.  We wish you could be here too (though the the weather is not supposed to be great), but you will certainly be here in the spirit of #218.

Speaking of #218.  Here's the plan.  Be the first person to call my cell phone at 2:18 p.m. and win a Random Act of Kindness package.  The package will compiled by the 10 of us here in Philly and mailed to you on Monday morning!  Since we'll have you on the phone, we'll give you a quick low down on all our fun and games.

Got it?  Call at 2:18.  Be the first to get through and win a Random Acts of Kindness package, compiled by Taste of USA participants. Here's the number 502.523.0388.

Alright.  I'm off to take a shower and get this show on the road.

A word from Cheryl?  Ok.  Here she is...

Good morning!! It's finally here. The finale to the event to Taste of USA that we all created by bantering in the comments with Claudia early this past summer.  As Claudia's been typing away, I've ironed my shirt and donned my Patchwork jeans. They're so great but we definitely need to get some more events to win and earn more patches. I'm envisioning at least a leg full. 

Luckily, Claudia has an internal clock since I didn't get the alarm set correctly. Well, set but not turned on to go off. We still have a lot to put together this morning so I will run.

Wish you were here! Don't forget to call!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have my cell phone set and ready...I'm forseeing some serious Peggy competition since most of our normal competitiors will be in Philly with all of you!

Wish I could be there, bad weather and all.

Have fun! Post pictures!

Anonymous said...

AH! I will try to call, but I will be in a meeting...maybe I will be able to sneak out for a minute!

Peggy said...

2:18 eastern time??

maureen said...

Hopefully I will have service. We are awaiting the storm here in NY. I feel terrible knowing you guys are so close I could just reach out and touch you. Have a great day I will be with you in my thoughts and on my computer!!!

Anonymous said...

I will likely still be hanging with my BFF at that time for a much-needed break from Mommy Duty, but I'll certainly try to call if I'm not driving or otherwise engaged. I assume you mean 2:18 eastern, since that's Philly's time zone. Claudia's unlikely to post again, so let's all make an executive decision and use that as our guideline so we're starting with a level playing field, shall we?

Have fun!

azlori said...

Well if it is not 2:18pm eastern time they can tell us when we call....and then we can try again for the other time zones!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Sue who got through the fastest!

Anonymous said...

I must have called at least 20 times and it went straight to her voicemail, so I assumed she was on the other line with the winner... way to go, Sue!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get my package.

maureen said...

Congrats Sue!!!

Brian K. Root said...

I hope everything went well this weekend... I took a dozen or so of my students camping in Ohiopyle, PA for the weekend. Despite Friday night's downpour, it was an awesome weekend.

Katie said...

Just arrived back home in Harrisonburg and I wanted to leave a quick note to say I had a blast in Philly! It was great to meet/see all of you!

Julie said...

Hey! I'm back from Philly too!!! I had a wonderful time!!! Thank you to CKB and Cheryl for all of their hard work and planning and executing!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Claudia and Cheryl for a great day full of fun and fantastic energy! It was great meeting the rest of you and hope everyone got back safely to their respective destinations despite the UNbelievable storm...wasn't that CRAZY?? As serendipity would have it lying right next to my car door was a ziplock bag of 10 Pennsyvania flag patches (I swear, can you believe it?!) and there were 10 of us on Saturday! I'll mail them to CKB to come up with a creative way to give away these patches.

Anonymous said...

HEIDI....Claudia is going to go crazy when she finds out you found those. She SWORE she lost them. HAHA!

Thanks for an awesome weekend everyone!