Thursday, November 27, 2008

Psst... It's Me...

Rayflower here.  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Claudia's asleep.  It was a late night of glue guns and feathers.  I snuck in and turned off her alarm.  She needed the sleep and she'll just blame Richard so it's OK.  She had some big plans to set up the table and show off her turkey lights.  For some reason she is completely enamored with turkeys.  Apparently, they're the simple, universal and cute symbol for Thanksgiving.  Well, gobble gobble.  No picture taking for Claudia.  I've beaten her to the punch.  The turkeys were all recovering from the hot glue treatment but I grabbed them anyway.  I set the table, lit the turkey lights (be careful, turkey feathers are flammable and they don't smell good when they burn) and took a few pictures.  Here's one.
A few of the turkeys expressed concern about having to witness a real turkey being eaten.  I figured since I burned a couple of them so badly I couldn't really argue. I grabbed them all up and moved them to the mantle.  
They look happier there.  Don't expect to see these pictures anywhere else.  I took the memory card out of Claudia's camera.  I hid it under Matthew's pillow.  Hah!

Well, my work here is done.  Have a happy Thanksgiving and save me a turkey leg..........sorry turkeys.

Rayflower Out.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Julie said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Just to update everyone on my travels ... we left Ellingham, IL (which turned out to be quite the spot ... Heather, I'll listen to that song once I get settled into AZ) and stopped in St. Louis for a bit to see the Arch! From there we headed to Tulsa, OK, with a detour into Kansas for dinner (another state checked off for my bucket list) and now we're waking up in Tulsa.

Today's travels will take us to Oklahoma City (which according to Mapquest is just over 3 hours North from Rayflower) and from there to Amarillo, TX for the night.

Speaking of Rayflower - I see 3 "HLA's"

Have a great day everyone!

Kristen Giger said...

Figured I'd post early today before going over to family's house for the big feast becfause by the time we get home triptofan (sp??) will have completely taken over my body and my bed will be calling my name. . .loudly!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

Claudia @ Highlowaha said...

Good morning,everyone. Phew, I just pulled myself out of bed after being up later than normal last night.

Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade starts at 9:00 (CST). Don't forget to tune in. It's such a fun spectacle to watch.

maureen said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING HLA!!!

Just got done with breakfast and stayed up late doing whatever pre-cooking I could. Its time to clean and set the table. I will check in all day. I hope everyone enjoys a delicious meal and is surrounded by great company!!

Claudia the lights look gorgeous. I want one!!! I want a dozen actually so I will have to get to Michaels tomorrow and get everything and make them for next year. Thanks for the idea!!!

Katie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

The JMU Marching Band is in the parade this year- so exciting!

Have a great day!!!

Chaotic Kristi said...

well, I am going to visit some friends today and I hate to show up empty handed...and I hate to support retail ANYTHING this time of year... so I decided to make a gaggle of turkandles. See what you can do with a paid day off and no feast to prepare? Thanks for the GREAT IDEA!
http://chaotickristi.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. The boys are outside playing with their cousins. We're getting lunch prepared and chatting. We're very informal here. The Macy's Day Parade is on TV and it's just going to be a lazy day! :)

Eat too much, everyone!

Anonymous said...

happy turkey day everyone!

treye and i spent the day at my parent's place in erie, pa. we were able to see all of my grandparents and one of my best friends, erin. we had a wonderful meal...i love mom's stuffing. we're back in cleveland now...waiting on one of treye's friends to come over to visit.

i'm thankful for my friends and my family. i feel truly blessed to still have 3 of my grandparents alive and relatively healthy.

gobble, gobble!

Anonymous said...

A late happy Thanksgiving to you all! CKB, ask me how much I LOVE those striped candles on your mantel?!? You are such an overachiever, and I love it. Hope everyone is feeling nice and stuffed and happy at this late hour. Gotta' go work on some more housekeeping before I head to bed. Family arrives tomorrow for our belated celebration. Turkey on Saturday--woo hoo!