Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blog-a-thon Hangover!

Announcements at the end.

I suddenly jolted awake from a deep sleep this morning and was immediately relieved to remember that Dorothy and Tramp were not real.  Phew, just a very well done scary story co-authored by a very able and creative group of bloggers

Thank you to all 23 of you who helped make yesterday's blog-a-thon work.  It was a great success... on a couple of levels.  Not only were the story's twists and turns suspenseful, but it was fun, and will have raised upwards of $345.00. 

Special thanks to Susan, the excellent writer who got our story off to a perfect start.  Anybody who has ever aspired write KNOWS that putting the first words to paper is the hardest most nerve wracking part.  She handled it like a pro.  Thanks also to Treye - our closer - who took our individual thoughts and masterfully pulled them together for a strong finish.  And yet... in doing so, he left the door open for a Blog-a-thon sequel!  Well done, Treye! 

And, while some of us were busy authoring a scary story, Peggy was busy authoring this morning's blog post... without even knowing it.

Peggy posed such a fun and refreshing string of questions yesterday morning, that I can't resist reprinting them.  Yesterday was a lot of work, so this feels like the perfect deep breath.  Take a shot at answering Peggy's string of questions and let's see what creative ideas we can generate!
"Where is some juicy Hollywood gossip, who's going to the Superbowl... has everybody been naughty or not so nice?  What can we be thankful for!  2009 is just around the corner!!  Have you seen all the cookie pictures on the women's magazines at the check out?  Who's found anything is in a $1 bin??"
Here's my crack at it...

Juicy Hollywood gossip... yikes, not my thing, but I'll take a shot at it.  Today is Maria Shriver's birthday (I wonder who she's eating lunch with); Going to the Super Bowl will be Dallas and Green Bay (again, not my area of expertise); Nice!; I'm thankful for my health, my family and friends, watching my boys grow up, and having the chance to do what I love; My mother in law just delivered a Family Circle Magazine to my house and it has all kinds of cookies on the cover.  I most excited to try the Coconut Snowballs; love the tins and containers in the Target $1 bin.  I've already picked up a few to package some kind of holiday treat for deserving people. 

Announcements:
  • Patchwork Denim: Remember to send me the front page of your local paper, along with some kind of proof - anything - that you voted.  The combination of both earns you an "election" patch for your Patchwork Denim.  Don't know what I'm talking about?  Check out the post from 8/7, titled Patchwork
  • Blog-a-thon Update:  Writers, thanks again for your time yesterday.  Ideally I will be able to send Tera the total sum of money raised for the Helping Hand family, one week from tomorrow (11/14).  Please mail whatever money you raised through sponsorships to Claudia K. Beeny at 4012 Harvestwood Court, Grapevine, TX 76051.
Signing off until tomorrow...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well our scary story turned out great!

And I dont have much time, but I want to say one thing- I LOVE the $1 bins at Target...my latest find is all the lotion, shower gel, and foot scrub in fun winter scents! LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about Hollywood...it's not really my thing.

Superbowl...not the Browns! I'm gonna go with the Titans out of the AFC and, oh, how about Tampa Bay from the NFC. Or maybe the Giants?

I'm thankful for my family and friends. They are everything to me! I'm most thankful for Treye because he's been putting up with my crankiness due to not being able to find a job. He's really a saint if you know me at all when I'm in a bad mood (right, Julie).

There is one mag out right now, I'm not sure which, but it had a great cake on it. Cakes are more of my thing...but cookies, especially these days, are a close second.

Finally, I haven't been to Target in forever. There isn't one close to us anymore. Walmart is a lot closer.

Peggy said...

Well, I guess I should answer my own questions...

I had stopped watching E! for awhile during the election stuff... now, there are so many 'kids' on there. I don't watch the Hills, or Gossip girl or any of those other shows that claim they are/n't real... such gorgeous people... talent? Those shows in my opinion of being middle aged now(?)show too much skin and pride themselves on lifestyles the average teen could never have...but I know my 13 yo dd likes them... bring back 30 Something!! Well now for me it would be 40 something.

Superbowl... to soon to tell... but I am a Packer fan.

I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful to be alive and be free!

Yes, I see the magazines... now that I work in a doctors office I see them... one patient exclaimed the other day we had the best magazines in any waiting room she had ever been in!

I've been by the $1 bins at Target... but also like the $1 bins at Michael's... I have fun picking up the stuff in cellophane and trying to figure out how I can embellish it!

Anonymous said...

Holy mackeral $345 from the blog-a-thon!!!!

I'm so impressed. Add that to the Bingo total and aren't we at right around the $500 mark?

Seems hard to think we can't give a great Christmas to this family with that amount in hand.

Way to go HLA!!!

maureen said...

Just for the record "DOROTHY" does really exist she is my neighbor and good friend. She does really live across the street.... She was even a lurker yesterday! But she doesn't have a shed and would NEVER wear a hair bow even though she has gorgeous red long hair.....

The story turned out cut!

Katie said...

Hollywood gossip? I do not have the slightest clue.

Superbowl- Titans and the Redskins

I'm thankful for my education, for my family, and for friends all over the world.

I don't usually check out the magazines at the check-out because I'm usually reeling over how much I have managed to put in my cart that I did not come to the store to buy!

Target $1 bins have been my blessing this year and make me love them even more! With 9 staff members, my automatic first stop for "gifts" is to the $1 bin to see what ideas I can come up with! One time it was the ice cream nail polish, or the pink and red tin cans that I used as buckets, and now, I have my eye on those Christmas tins for their Christmas gifts!

Cheryl Houston said...

Hollywood: Is John Mayer sexy enough for Jennifer Annison? I think not.

Super Bowl: Ha Ha! I thought she meant who of us is going to the Super Bowl... I thought- huh, not me!

Thankful for: the usual- family, friends. A big one for me is health! Thank goodness I'm healthy and my boys are healthy. And, I'm so thankful I found my house. It is truly MY HOME!

Cookies: I haven't seen the cookie magazines at the checkout but I have seen the decorating magazines in my mailbox. Is it unrealistic to want new stockings every year? They're just so cute!

Target: I haven't been through the $1 bin at Target lately but I have a scheduled visit tonight so maybe I'll wander through.

Cheryl Houston said...

btw- Do you like to search for the HLA's in Ray's photos but they're too small to see? I posted them over on my site but some are still too small to see so don't get discouraged if you don't see them all. :)

www.opry.blogspot.com

maureen said...

Cheryl.... at the old age of 42 I have the hardest time seeing small print. However I do drag the pic to my photos and try to enlarge it. I love search and find games but sometimes its still too small to see or maybe you are just such a great "artist". Either way I look forward to trying.....

Superbowl....... I hope NY

I am thankful for my life..... my kids,husband, family and friends..... and the mental capacity to remember everything I have to do each day!

I havent seen the magazine

I never look in the $1 bins because those $1 items usually make me spend much more than I would have. The $1 store loves people like me. I have to stay focused and just shop for what I went in for....

Anonymous said...

Hmm gossip - haven't watched TMZ in a while - How about Oprah didn't know the guy she was leaning on at the Obama speech - still doesn't know his name. Chicago is Obama crazy right now - PS - Claudia, I sent you papers today. Yesterday's front section and today's photo spread.
Super bowl - Packers of course Thankful - today was Matthew's first school performance. It was so cute. He was a pumpkin and they sang a bunch of autumn songs. For a bunch of 4 year olds they did great. Too bad I can't post a video of it.
Cookies - can't eat then need to diet from all the Halloween candy.
Target- can't go, spend too much money!
Happy Thursday everyone