Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Show time...

It's here!

It must have been every hour on the hour yesterday that Matthew asked how much longer until Santa comes.

The irony.  For me, today will fly.  Minutes will tick away like seconds, as I race around hoping to beat the clock.  So many last minute details and so little time.  For Ricky and Matthew (Jack's still too little), who are filled with anticipation, each minute will feel like an hour and each hour will feel like an eternity.  Santa's sled is moving in slow motion and, in their minds it seems, might never touch down at 4012 Harvestwood Court.

So what's the feeling in your house?  Calm and relaxed?  Frenetic?  Anxious? Or, controlled chaos?

In the spirit of Highlowaha, let's have some fun with this today.  How about using the prompt below to let us know what you're up to and how you're feeling...

Twas the night before Christmas...

Here's my shot at it...  Don't over think it.  I'm not.  Just go for it.  Freewheeling.  No pressure.  

Twas the night before Christmas 
much left to do
Wrapping, assembling, and of course
some hot glue...

You're turn.

Oh, and one more thing.  While McDonalds, Wendy's, Target, and most other retailers are closing their doors tomorrow, Highlowaha is open for business.  Maybe you'll consider sharing your "presence."

Until then, signing off...

10 comments:

Julie said...

It's 7:20 EST and I think I'm the only one up ....

Twas the night before Christmas
a short road trip planned
to pick up my Grandma
And bring her to my family's land

But before the car get started
there's other stuff to do
like wrapping lots of presents
and playing with my niece too

Mom's going shopping
Dad's got a cold
Kristen's checking the ponds
To see if the ice will hold

... With that being said, everyone have a magical Christmas Eve!!!!

Cheryl Houston said...

Twas the night before Christmas and my house is quiet.
I've done just a little shopping
and for the holidays I will go friend hopping.
On Friday, I will shop and hope to find deals in anticipation of the return of little feet.

Cheryl Houston said...

Peggy~

Next year I am going to make an extra effort to sign my cards... I received a gift from the owner of the company this morning and the card had a very nice note written from him. The gift was nice but the note from him is gold!

Nicole Zirnheld Aldridge said...

Twas the nite before Christmas
and I feel like crap.
But at least the cookies are made and the presents are wrapped.

Peggy said...

Twas Christmas Eve Day
And outside our door
Is 12" of white stuff
To shovel, a chore

Our traditional meal
is making fun food for dinner
Of Crab cakes, roll ups, dips
and mini wieners!

The shopping is done
Everything is all wrapped
My teenagers wait patiently
The Christmas club's been tapped!

Santas been tracked on the computer you know (http://www.noradsanta.org/)
He's on his way to Illinois
despite all the snow!!!

Check out my blogspot to see the first installment of my Christmas newsletter that Cheryl and I were 'discussing' yesterday here at HLA
http://prdesigns.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Twas the night before Christmas and the gifts are all wrapped.

Tonight it's off to Grandma's
for Christmas with the cousins,
and at midnight it's time for Mass.

For the first time, the family will not be complete,
as one brother's with his fiance,
and the roads look like one big ice sheet.

Tomorrow, Santa will have come,
I'll make some breakfast,
and be thankful for some family time.

The day will end with smiles all around,
love for my family and friends,
and anticipation for the new year to come.

Anonymous said...

'Twas the night before Christmas
Of Lucian's first year.
A few toys left for wrapping,
Then we wait for reindeer.

He'll be clueless, of course,
But not Mom and Dad.
We've been waiting and dreaming.
To have this moment, we're so glad.

Boxes and paper
Will surely be his highlight.
But we can't wait to play Santa
Later tonight!

Merry Christmas to you
And to your families so dear.
And may you all be blessed
With a happy new year!

Kat said...

'Twas the night before Christmas
A few things left on my list,
A gift card to buy
time to pack things I've missed

Cookies are baking,
lights lit on the tree,
Max and Daddy are playing,
soon to church we will flee!

Claudia @ Highlowaha said...

Twas the night before Christmas
and I am still baking
to say I am "ready"
would surely be faking.

Julie said...

no time to read everyone else's right now ... but

twas the night before christmas
and the showing of a movie
24 hours of christmas story on TBS
now that sounds quite groovy!

it needs a little work, i know!